Each of our vans is a fully customized conversion so each project is unique. That being said there are some things about each build that are the same.
1. Contact BRAV
2. If you have a van that's great, we can get started organizing your project. If you don't we can offer suggestions to help you choose the one that is right for you. Everyone's needs are different and there are many vans to choose from. We can help narrow down the best choices based on what you want your conversion to do, how much room you need and your target budget.
3. To get a firm estimate and reserve your place in our queue an initial consultation is required. Consultations are by the hour at $75.00 per hour, and usually range from 2-10 hours depending on the complexity of the build-out. This will be invoiced separately from the build-out, is non-refundable, and will not be applied to the final build-out invoice. The hourly consultations continues through the estimating and design process until the final estimate is approved and signed by the client. Please understand that we are very busy and only entertain serious inquiries. For more on this process please visit our FAQ's page. You can also visit our Pricing Guide to get an idea what the different features and components will cost.
4. Once your estimate is finalized, this will reserve your place in our queue. A deposit of 100% of the materials is required once the estimate has been approved. This will enable BRAV to pre-order all the materials required for the build-out process prior to the van being delivered to our shop. When the start time for your project approaches you will be required to provide an additional deposit for half the labor
5. When your materials arrive each will be thoroughly inspected for quality and damage. Sub-par and components damaged in shipping are often the biggest drag on your project's timeline, your deposit helps ensure any issues that may arise can be handled in a timely manner.
5. Each build is different so estimating an actual timeline is reserved for your individual project estimate. Small projects like windows, awnings, ventilation fans and other bolt-on or add-ons can be accomplished in as little as a half day up to a week. Microcampers and Weekenders vans can be completed in as little as 2-3 weeks up to a month or 2 depending on the complexity of the project. Full conversions take up to 3-4 months in some cases. You can visit our Gallery for a look at what we do.
6. For full conversions we start from the chassis. We remove any seating, wall coverings or other interior features in order to install insulation and lay the groundwork for your vans electrical and plumbing infrastructure. Vehicles batteries, seats, and other electrical components will be disconnected, and possibly resulting in FACTORY warning lights and fault codes. BRAV INC. assumes no liabilities if this occurs. This will be the owners responsibility.
7. We only use the highest quality components purchased directly from the manufacturer and installed per their specifications to guarantee quality and integrity of the product. All components will be backed by the manufacturer's warranty and BRAV will honor a 1 year warranty on craftsmanship and the installation of all components.
6. Most cabinetry is custom made in house or kits are offered by our list of manufacturers. Cabinets are visually appealing as well as functional providing ample storage for whatever needs.
7. When your van is completed we put it through rigorous testing to make sure the quality of the build, the systems and components.
8. When we are satisfied with your build your van will be ready for pick up. Final payment for the other half of the labor, NC sales tax of 7% on materials and labor, and any change orders or adjustments due to increased shipping or pricing that differ from the original estimate.
9. We recommend a 3 to 5 day shakedown trip somewhere within our area of operation. This is to give you time to learn your van and become comfortable with its operation while remaining close to our shop so we can address any issues if they should arise.